Prepare, serve and handle food in accordance with federal and state regulations and the residence policies and procedures. Maintain clean and sanitized dining service areas and assist in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products.
Reports to: Food Service Director
Food and Inventory –
1. Identify and report food and supplies needed for next week’s menus.
2. Assist in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products.
Food Preparation and Dining Service –
1. Prepare menus and cook food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations, and residents’ individual prescribed diet and food preferences.
2. Present food in an appetizing and attractive manner.
4. Ensure that food is delivered on time and in a pleasant manner.
5. Visit with residents at each meal when available and ensure quality service.
6. Prepare food and coordinate food service for special events as requested.
7. Encourage residents to participate in the food service program and provide a forum for their input.
8. Notify food service director of any malfunctioning kitchen equipment or appliances.
Regulatory Compliance and Sanitation –
1. Ensure compliance with state regulations.
2. Maintain a clean, organized, and safe kitchen environment.
3. Ensure proper storage and handling of food in accordance with infection control standards.