Responsible for the general cleanliness, maintenance and repair of the building and grounds.
Report to: Executive Director Department: Environmental Services
Supervises: Maintenance and Housekeeping
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Make daily inspection rounds of interior and exterior of building checking rooms and common areas for cleanliness and completion of assigned tasks.
2. Assign schedules for maintenance and housekeeping staff.
3. Coordinate weekly resident apartment cleaning schedules.
4. Conduct departmental orientation for new employees.
5. Demonstrate proper procedures on housekeeping techniques.
6. Demonstrate and enforce proper occupational hazard and safety standards.
7. Coordinate the cleaning of vacant units to expedite turnover of apartments.
8. Implement a preventative maintenance schedule.
9. Monitor inventory of supplies and order when necessary.
10. Comply with department budget on staff, equipment and supplies.
11. Adhere to key control policies.
12. Communicate daily with Executive Director regarding performance of staff
and any other building issues.
13. Provide an excellent floor maintenance program (buff, strip and wax; shampoo and vacuum)
14. In service staff on fire safety and fire extinguisher use.
15. Assist other departments with set up for community functions and marketing events.
16. Responsible maintenance of The Pointe’s bus.
17. Coordinate vendors for snow removal and landscaping.
18. Respond to all resident work orders in a timely fashion.
19. Change light bulbs in common areas and perform minor electrical repairs.
20. Perform Apartment maintenance: Plumbing, appliances, AC units, minor hole repair, windows, etc.
21. Monitor trash removal.
22. Monitor service contracts for elevator maintenance, HVAC system, Fire systems and extinguishers.
23. Report to work in designated uniform.
24. Establish positive resident, family and employee relations.
25. Attend educational in-services as required.
26. Maintain the confidentiality of residents at all times.
27. Be on call in the event of an after hours maintenance issue.
28. Attend interdepartmental management meetings.
29. Conduct other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in similar environment.
2. Must have the ability to lift and carry weight of 75 pounds.
3. Experience in housekeeping, laundry and maintenance.
4. Knowledge of HVAC, electricity, carpentry and painting.
5. Experience in managing supply inventory and budget.
6. Ability to respond to emergency calls 24 hours a day.
7. Possess good physical and mental health.
8. Must demonstrate a cooperative attitude in accepting and completing
9. Must work independently with minimal supervision.
10. Must be sensitive to the needs of older adults.
11. Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.